Site Information - Scholarships
Selma McKrill Brown Scholarship
The Scholarship provides financial assistance to any person seeking to improve his or her skills or advance his or her education by attending any properly accredited or certified educational organization or program.
The recipients are selected by a scholarship committee after carefully considering the scholastic record, financial need, record of service in the Armed Forces (if any) and the goals of the applicant.
The Scholarship may be used for a college or university, business school, a vocational school, a professional training program, or any accredited course.
- The student must be a U.S. citizen, a resident of Kosciusko County, Indiana, at the time of his or her graduation from high school, and an active member of a church.
- The student must submit two current letters of recommendation, one from his or her high school principal, teacher, or college professor and one from a pastor of his or her church.Also, a copy of his or her transcript.
- Applicants may re-apply for continuance of this scholarship while in undergraduate schooling.
If you are unable to download the application please contact Pam Starkweather at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are also available at the following location:
- Lake City Bank Wealth Advisory Group, 114 E. Market St., Warsaw.
The applicant must submit a packet consisting of:
- Completed application.
- Copy of FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR), including EFC (Expected Family Contribution) number.
- One current letter of recommendation from his/her high school principal, teacher or college professor.
- One current letter of recommendation from a pastor of his/her church.
- Copy of Transcript of grades from the school most recently attended.If high school copy of transcript including SAT/ACT scores or if college copy of transcript.
- No photograph is required for this scholarship.
Submit all completed application packets to Lake City Bank Wealth Advisory Group at 114 E. Market Street, Warsaw, IN 46580 or PO Box 1387, Warsaw, IN 46581, on or before APRIL 1. No acceptance of late applications.
All criteria outlined for the scholarship must be complete to avoid disqualification of application packet.