Tap to pay for a fast, easy and secure way to checkout.
If your Lake City Bank Visa card has the Contactless Indicator on it, you can use it to make purchases easily. Here’s all you need to know to confidently tap to pay.
- Look: Find the Contactless Symbol at checkout.
- Tap: Simply tap your Visa contactless card on the contactless-enabled terminal.
- Go: Your payment is processed in seconds!
Benefits of Contactless Payments
- They’re fast. Pay in seconds where you see the Contactless Symbol – much faster than searching for cash.
- They’re easy. No need to insert your card or swipe it. A simple tap on the contactless-enabled terminal is all it takes.
- They’re secure. Contactless cards use the same trusted security as chip cards to protect your payment information.
These cards are not only contactless but also have a new look, with vertical designs that include the Contactless Indicator!
Use your Lake City Bank Visa contactless card where you see the Contactless Symbol – at retail and grocery stores, coffee shops, fast food restaurants, pharmacies, and more!
- How do I know if I can tap to pay with my card?
- Look for the Contactless Indicator on your card to know if you can use it to tap to pay for purchases.
- Do I actually have to tap my contactless card on the terminal?
- No, but the card should be within one to two inches of the Contactless Symbol on the terminal.
- How do I hold my contactless card over the contactless-enabled terminal?
- The terminal reads the card best when it is flat over the Contactless Symbol, versus at an angle.
- How long do I need to hold my card over the terminal?
- You should hold your card over the terminal for one to two seconds.
- Can I unknowingly make a purchase if I am in close proximity to a contactless-enabled terminal?
- No. Contactless technology requires the merchant to initiate the payment, and the card must be held one to two inches from the terminal for a transaction to take place.